RELEASE CALENDAR FOR THE STATISTICS FORTNIGHTLY 2020
|Volume No.||Issue No.||
|Date of Release|
FORTNIGHT ENDING MARCH 13, 2020
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate depreciated by 5.80% to 15.68 per US Dollar from 14.82 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- The weighted average Treasury bill yield rate rose to 27.50 percent from 26.74 percent reported previously. Yield rates on the 182 days and 364 daysí tenures increased to 21.25 percent and 29.25 percent from 20.95 percent and 29.00 percent, respectively. Treasury bills yield rates on the 91 days, and 273 days Treasury bills yield rates remained at 16.50 percent, and 27.00 percent, respectively.
- Currency in circulation marginally rose by 5.0 percent to close the week ending March 13, 2020 at K8,100.70 million from K7,717.68 million in the week ending February 28, 2020.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index increased by 0.82 percent in the period ending March 04, 2020 compared to an increase of 1.39 percent in the fortnight ending February 19, 2020.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) fell by 4.46 percent to US $5,514.78 per tonne from US $5,772.50 per tonne recorded on February 28, 2020.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
The Head - Communications Department Telephone: +260 211 399300, +260 971 270 090, and +260 963 884 820
VOLUME 27 NUMBER 06