RELEASE CALENDAR FOR THE STATISTICS FORTNIGHTLY 2021
|Volume No.||Issue No.||
|Date of Release|
FORTNIGHT ENDING JULY 16, 2021
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate depreciated by 0.09 percent to K22.66 per US Dollar from K22.64 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- The weighted average Treasury bill yield rate rose to 21.95 percent from 21.93 percent. However, yield rates on the 91 days, 182 days, 273 days and 364 days remained unchanged at 13.99 percent, 16.03 percent, 18.00 percent and 25.50 percent, respectively.
- Currency in circulation fell by 2.33 percent in the week ending July 16, 2021 to K14, 577.29 million from K14,925.59 million in the week ending July 2, 2021.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index rose by 0.60 percent in the period ending July 7, 2021 compared to an increase of 1.11 percent in the fortnight ending June 23, 2021.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) rose by 0.46 percent in the week ending July 16, 2021 to $9,422.80 from $9,379.65 per tonne recorded in the week ending July 2, 2021.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
The Head - Communications Department Telephone: +260 211 399300, +260 971 270 090, and +260 963 884 820
VOLUME 28 NUMBER 15