RELEASE CALENDAR FOR THE STATISTICS FORTNIGHTLY 2020
|Volume No.||Issue No.||
|Date of Release|
FORTNIGHT ENDING JANUARY 03, 2020
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate appreciated by 2.22 percent to K14.09 per US Dollar from K14.41 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- The weighted average Treasury bill yield rate rose to 25.39 percent from 23.43 percent previously. However, Treasury bills yield rates on all the tenors remained unchanged from the previous period. The 91 days,182 days, 273 days and 364 days Treasury bill yield rates remained at 16.50 percent,19.25 percent, 27.00 percent and 27.50 percent, respectively.
- Currency in circulation increased by 7.52 percent to close the week ending January 03, 2020 at K8,594.07 million from K7,993.06 million in the week ending December 20, 2019.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index decreased by 0.95 percent in the period ending December 25, 2019 compared to an increase of 1.77 percent in the fortnight ending December 11, 2019.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) rose by 0.07 percent to US $6,176.81 per tonne from US $6,172.63 per tonne recorded on December 20, 2019.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
The Head - Communications Department Telephone: +260 211 399300, +260 971 270 090, and +260 963 884 820
VOLUME 27 NUMBER 01