RELEASE CALENDAR FOR THE STATISTICS FORTNIGHTLY 2020
|Volume No.||Issue No.||
|Date of Release|
FORTNIGHT ENDING NOVEMBER 06, 2020
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate depreciated by 1.33 percent to K20.53 per US Dollar from K20.26 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- The weighted average Treasury bill yield rate rose to 23.44 percent from 20.00 percent reported previously. The yield rate on the 364 days rose to 24.55 percent from 24.52 percent. However, yield rates on the 91 days, 182 days and 273 days remained unchanged at 14.00 percent, 16.00 percent, and 19.65 percent, respectively.
- Currency in circulation rose by 3.2 percent in the week ending November 06, 2020 to K11,913.96 million from K11,544.46 million in the week ending October 23, 2020.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index rose by 1.36 percent in the period ending October 28, 2020 compared to an increase of 0.51 percent in the fortnight ending October 14, 2020.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) fell by 0.91 percent in the week ending November 06, 2020, to US $6,823.23 from US $6,885.56 per tonne recorded in the week ending October 23, 2020.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
The Head - Communications Department Telephone: +260 211 399300, +260 971 270 090, and +260 963 884 820
VOLUME 27 NUMBER 23