RELEASE CALENDAR FOR THE STATISTICS FORTNIGHTLY 2021
|Volume No.||Issue No.||
|Date of Release|
FORTNIGHT ENDING FEBRUARY 12, 2021
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate depreciated by 0.70 percent to K21.54 per US Dollar from K21.39 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- The weighted average Treasury bill yield rate rose to 25.39 percent from 22.40 percent recorded in the previous fortnight. However, the yield rates on the 91 days, 182 days, 273 days and 364 days remained unchanged at 14.03 percent, 16.03 percent, 20 percent and 25.75 percent, respectively.
- Currency in circulation fell by 0.99 percent in the week ending February 12, 2021 to K11,769.27 from K11,886.40 million in the week ending January 29, 2021.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index rose by 0.74 percent in the period ending February 3, 2021 compared to an increase of 6.59 percent in the fortnight ending January 29, 2021.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) rose by 4.02 percent in the week ending February 12, 2021 to US$8,219.30 from US$7,901.30 per tonne recorded in the week ending January 29, 2021.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
The Head - Communications Department Telephone: +260 211 399300, +260 971 270 090, and +260 963 884 820
VOLUME 28 NUMBER 4