RELEASE CALENDAR FOR THE STATISTICS FORTNIGHTLY 2019
|Volume No.||Issue No.||
|Date of Release|
FORTNIGHT ENDING AUGUST 02,2019
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate depreciated by 2.22 percent to K12.89 per US Dollar from K12.61 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- The weighted average Treasury bills yield rate declined to 25.82 percent from 26.30 percent previously. However, yield rates on the 273 days and 364 days rose to 26.00 percent and 26.75 percent, from 25.25 percent and 26.50 percent, respectively. Yield rates on the 91 days and 182 days remained unchanged at 16.50 percent and 16.00 percent, respectively.
- The weekly average currency in circulation rose by 7.83 percent to K8,575.80 million from K7,953.07 million in the week ending July 19, 2019.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index rose by 1.12 percent in the period ending July 24, 2019 compared to an increase of 1.82 percent in the fortnight ending July 10, 2019.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) reduced by 1.67 percent to US $5,904.30 per tonne from US $6,004.60 per tonne recorded on July 19, 2019.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
The Head - Communications Department Telephone: +260 211 399300, +260 971 270 090, and +260 963 884 820
VOLUME 26 NUMBER 16