RELEASE CALENDAR FOR THE STATISTICS FORTNIGHTLY 2021
|Volume No.||Issue No.||
|Date of Release|
FORTNIGHT ENDING SEPTEMBER 24, 2021
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate depreciated by 2.04 percent to K16.51 per US Dollar from K16.18 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- The weighted average Treasury bill yield rate fell to 14.27 percent from 17.01 percent. Similarly the yield rates on the 91 days, 182 days, 273 days and 364 days fell to 11.50 percent, 13.50 percent, 15.00 percent and 16.00 percent from 12.50 percent, 14.50 percent, 16.50 percent and 19.50 percent, respectively.
- Currency in circulation fell by 6.66 percent in the week ending September 24, 2021 to K14,906.50 million from K15,969.37 million in the week ending September 10, 2021.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index fell by 1.13 percent in the period ending September 15, 2021 compared to a decline of 0.62 percent in the fortnight ending September 1, 2021.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) fell by 2.55 percent in the week ending September 24, 2021 to $9,184.59 from $9,425.30 per tonne recorded in the week ending September 10, 2021.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
The Head - Communications Department Telephone: +260 211 399300, +260 971 270 090, and +260 963 884 820
VOLUME 28 NUMBER 20