RELEASE CALENDAR FOR THE STATISTICS FORTNIGHTLY 2020
|Volume No.||Issue No.||
|Date of Release|
FORTNIGHT ENDING JUNE 19, 2020
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate appreciated by 0.22% to K18.18 per US Dollar from K18.14 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- The weighted average Treasury bill yield rate rose to 26.58 percent from 25.29 percent reported previously. However, yield rates on the 91 days and 182 days fell to 17.00 percent and 21.00 percent from 17.50 percent, 21.25 percent, respectively. Similarly, those on the 273 days and 364 days declined to 26.67 percent and 28.00 percent from 27.00 percent and 28.75 percent respectively
- Currency in circulation increased by 0.2 percent in the week ending June 19, 2020 to K9,842.15 million from K9,821.90 million in the week ending June 05, 2020.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index rose by 0.45 percent in the period ending June 10, 2020 compared to a decrease of 0.18 percent in the fortnight ending May 27, 2020.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) rose by 4.58 percent to US $5,753.56 per tonne from US $5,501.43 per tonne recorded on May 22, 2020.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
The Head - Communications Department Telephone: +260 211 399300, +260 971 270 090, and +260 963 884 820
VOLUME 27 NUMBER 13