RELEASE CALENDAR FOR THE STATISTICS FORTNIGHTLY 2019
|Volume No.||Issue No.||
|Date of Release|
FORTNIGHT ENDING SEPTEMBER 27, 2019
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate remained unchanged at K13.14 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- The weighted average Treasury bill yield rate fell to 25.46 percent from 25.97 percent previously. However, yield rates on all the tenors remained unchanged from the previous period. The 91 days, 182 days, 273 days and 364 days Treasury bill yield rates all stood at 16.50 percent, 19.00 percent, 26.50 percent and 27.50 percent, respectively.
- Currency in circulation reduced by 4.54 percent in the week ending September 27, 2019 to an average of K8,133.18 million from K8,520.33 million in the week ending September 13, 2019.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index rose by 1.39 percent in the period ending September 18, 2019 compared to a reduction of 0.17 percent in the fortnight ending September 04, 2019.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) declined by 1.33 percent to US $5,766.23 per tonne from US $5,843.90 per tonne recorded on September 13, 2019.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
The Head - Communications Department Telephone: +260 211 399300, +260 971 270 090, and +260 963 884 820
VOLUME 26 NUMBER 20