RELEASE CALENDAR FOR THE STATISTICS FORTNIGHTLY 2020
|Volume No.||Issue No.||
|Date of Release|
FORTNIGHT ENDING SEPTEMBER 11, 2020
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate depreciated by 1.86 percent to K19.70 per US Dollar from K19.34 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- The weighted average Treasury bill yield rate rose to 22.59 percent from 21.88 percent reported previously. However, yield rates on the 182 days and 273 days declined to 16.50 percent and 19.65 percent from 17.00 percent and 20.00 percent, respectively. Yield rates on both the 91 days and 364 days remained unchanged at 14.00 percent and 24.50 percent, respectively.
- Currency in circulation fell by 0.80 percent in the week ending September 11, 2020 to K11, 311.51 million from K11,403.15 in the week ending August 28, 2020.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index rose by 0.26 percent in the period ending September 2, 2020 compared to an increase of 0.08 percent in the fortnight ending August 19, 2020.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) rose by 2.22 percent in the week ending September 11, 2020, to US $6,728.64 from US $6,582.65 per tonne recorded in the week ending August 28.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
The Head - Communications Department Telephone: +260 211 399300, +260 971 270 090, and +260 963 884 820
VOLUME 27 NUMBER 19