RELEASE CALENDAR FOR THE STATISTICS FORTNIGHTLY 2022
|Volume No.||Issue No.||
|Date of Release|
FORTNIGHT ENDING JULY 29, 2022
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate appreciated by 0.49 percent to 16.34 per US Dollar from K16.42 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- The weighted average Treasury bill yield rate rose to 14.32 percent from 13.85 percent in the previous fortnight. Similarly, the yield rate on the 364 days rose to 15.00 percent from 14.40 percent. However, the yield rate on the 182 days fell to 11.00 percent from 11.45 percent, while yield rates on the 91 days and 273 days remained unchanged at 9.16 percent and 12.75 percent, respectively.
- Currency in circulation rose by 0.40 percent in the week ending July 29, 2022 to K14,302.36 million from K14,244.80 million in the week ending July 15, 2022.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index rose by 0.83 percent in the period ending July 20, 2022 compared to a rise of 0.16 percent in the fortnight ending July 6, 2022.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) rose by 4.66 percent in the week ending July 29, 2022 to $7,666.40 from $7,324.90 per tonne recorded in the week ending July 15, 2022.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
The Head - Communications Department Telephone: +260 211 399300, +260 971 270 090, and +260 963 884 820
VOLUME 29 NUMBER 15