RELEASE CALENDAR FOR THE STATISTICS FORTNIGHTLY 2019
|Volume No.||Issue No.||
|Date of Release|
FORTNIGHT ENDING NOVEMBER 22, 2019
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate depreciated by 4.45 percent to K14.09 per US Dollar from K13.49 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- The weighted average Treasury bill yield rate fell to 24.71 percent from 26.16 percent previously. Yield rates on 182 days decreased to 19.00 percent from 19.15 percent in the previous fortnight. However, yield rates on the other tenors remained unchanged from the previous period. The 91 days, 273 days and 364 days Treasury bill yield rates all stood at 16.50 percent, 27.00 percent and 27.50 percent, respectively.
- Currency in circulation decreased by 5.39 percent to close the week ending November 22, 2019 at K7,769.99 million from K8,188.58 million in the week ending November 08, 2019.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index increased by 0.05 percent in the period ending November 13, 2019 compared to a decrease of 0.77 percent in the fortnight ending October 31, 2019.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) decreased by 1.41 percent to US $5,830.10 per tonne from US $5,913.24 per tonne recorded on November 08, 2019.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
The Head - Communications Department Telephone: +260 211 399300, +260 971 270 090, and +260 963 884 820
VOLUME 26 NUMBER 24