The purpose of the Statistics Fortnightly Bulletin is to disseminate monetary and financial statistics on a fortnightly basis.
FORTNIGHT ENDING 23 NOVEMBER, 2018
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate depreciated by 1.45 percent to K11.87 per US Dollar from K11.70 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- The Treasury Bills yield rate on the 91 days tenor remained unchanged at 14.50 percent whilst rates on the 182 days and 273 days tenors fell to 14.00 percent and 20.99 percent from 15.00 percent and 21.50 percent, respectively. The 364 days tenor rose to 23.16 percent from 23.06 percent in the previous fortnight.
- The weekly average currency in circulation decreased by 6.25 percent to K7,417.71 Million from K7,912.58 Million in the week ending November 09, 2018.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index rose by 2.67 percent in the fortnight ending November 14, 2018 compared to a rise of 0.44 percent in the period ending October 31, 2018.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) increased by 0.97 percent to US $6,237.00 per tonne from US $6,176.84 per tonne recorded in the previous period.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Assistant Director (Information and Statistics Division) Economics Department
On Telephone: (+260) 211 399300/228903-20
VOLUME 25 NUMBER 24
FOR SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION CONTACT:
Public Relations Office on Telephone: (+260) 212 399600, firstname.lastname@example.org